Certain projects demand a team of experts utilizing the most advanced technology and state of the art production equipment in order to meet the requirements of the tunnel builders. Having successfully managed similar production facilities before, Bay State Precast contacted Advanced Concrete Technologies in 2011 to furnish a new state of the art mixing batching plant.
- ACT/Wiggert WiCoMix 2250-4-WCS Mixer Plant with a compact footprint.
- One HPGM 2250 high shear planetary mixer with 2 CuYd output.
- Skip hoists to mixer for fast cycle time and compact footprint.
- The mixer platform is efficiently situated adjacent to the main production area enabling the carousel operator to automatically call concrete for efficient process work flow.
- Control integrated automatic steel fiber metering system.
- Customized batch plant met client’ unique needs – compact plant foot print fit within existing building, automatically feeds concrete delivery system to carousel production line.
- Fast mix cycle, allows high output.
- WCS Control System provides user friendly, visual control of the plant, designed for unattended control of the plant. Features include auto moisture management, self-learning precision batching, production statistics, reports, inventory, and maintenance scheduling.
- Quick, 10-minute auto-cleaning mixer allows mixer cleaning twice per shift – for more production without interruption and with labor savings.
ACT came in and installed a turnkey Wiggert mixer plant type WicoMix 2250-4-WCS. ACT completed turnkey set-up of the plant…even before the client was ready to begin using it. Since 2012 Bay State Precast, LLC has produced and delivered almost 80,000 tunnel segments to Washington, DC area tunnel projects.